Rules to Live By
Out of Character Guild Rules
Ishura is a Heavy-RP guild, meaning that the vast majority of our time is spent in-character. We act as our characters would act, and speak as they would speak. This gives a new dimension to Elder Scrolls Online, allowing us to immerse ourselves further into the game’s rich storyline and the Elder Scrolls Lore.
There are certain requirements that each player must meet to join Ishura. They are listed below. Please note that these rules also apply on any Guild forum, Discord chat(s), or other resources.
- Players must have a lore-compliant name for their character, taking into account the character’s race and upbringing. There is some flexibility as we encourage members to be creative with their character’s name. However, names such as “Pwnsauce” or “Motherbezerker,” for example, will not be accepted into the guild.
- Players are allowed only one character in the guild. Guild membership is not account wide. Each player will have an officer note next to their name specifying which character is in the guild. Very limited exceptions will be applied at the sole discretion of the guild officers.
- There is no experience in Roleplaying required to join Ishura. Members simply need to be willing to learn and be mature.
- Ishura encourages various types of roleplay. The use of profanity, if done as part of the character’s persona, is allowed. Please bear in mind, however, that roleplayers must be considerate to one another when using such language.
- All races and alliances are welcome in Ishura. However, the House is loyal to the Daggerfall Covenant. Thus, Daggerfall players will be prioritized over non-DC players.
- Members must show respect to one another at all times when out of character. Rude behavior, sexually explicit chatting, and other forms of harassment or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- All characters must swear loyalty to the Lord of the House (IC).
- All guild officers must be respected and their directives must be followed. They are tasked with maintaining out of character harmony within the guild. Guild officer authority, much like a Noble House, is final. The Highest Authority is the Lord of the House. The second Highest Authority is the High Council. There is a zero tolerance policy for insubordination, and officers will not hesitate to remove guild members who create drama or trouble. The Guild's High Officers are: @nomadicinstinct (Haytham of Ishura), @nomadicinstinct_alt (Galfough Grele), @nomadicinstinct_wife (Alnoor of Ishura), @PurgeOfLight (Ederage) and @LdragonhunterX (Arcathus). These officers are the highest authority in the guild, and their directives must be followed at all times. Failure to comply will result in an immediate kick from the guild, without question. The Leadership has many years of experience leading successful RP guilds, and have, over the years, developed a zero-tolerance policy for anything that destroys the guild's harmony. While the Officer Team is sensitive to RP storylines and continuity, and understand that sometimes there will be IC tension, the primary concern is the guild's harmony. We do this for fun, not for work.
- Ishura welcomes all characters who roleplay within the “good” spectrum. This means that a character may be considered “chaotic good,” “lawful good,” or anything in between. Evil RP is not encouraged, although exceptions can be made if it is determined that it will enrich the storyline of the guild. Players are asked to be considerate when roleplaying evil characters. We are here to have fun at the end of the day, although the occasional drama isn’t so bad, but it must be reasonable and tied to a well-known story. General drama will not be tolerated in any way.
- Spamming in guild chat is prohibited.
- Officer chat shall be considered in-character, and Guild (/guild) chat shall be considered out of character. In-character chat (/officer) is roleplayed as enchanted communication stones. Thus, other characters shall only be able to hear your voice and not see your actions. Communication stones work based on the ability to focus upon them. Thus, to be able to use them, a character must be able to devote their entire attention to them. Therefore, situations such as being involved in battle, or otherwise distracted, may make it difficult for characters to use their communication stones without further in-character training and attunement.
- The "Red Keep," the primary residence of @nomadicinstinct, is open for all guild members to use. Members may not make claim to any quarter of the Keep for their personal accommodations without prior in character and out of character permission. Members are encouraged to use the Keep for role-playing and gatherings.
- Ishura roleplays as a Noble House of Sentinel, with sworn fieldty to King Fahara'jad . It is allied with the Daggerfall Covenant. Therefore, the leadership is to be respected and their directives followed at all times. Insubordination will amount to treason. While we are flexible with various types of IC storylines, they nevertheless must be practical, probable, and in line with the Elder Scroll's Lore for the Second Era period.
- The in character laws of the House of Ishura, known as the High Tomes, apply at all times.
- Members are required to familiarize themselves with the guild’s website, lore, and other information to help them roleplay more effectively.
- Ishura incorporates in-game events into its ongoing lore. The lore is ever-changing, and it is not uncommon for members to find their actions referenced in the guild’s lore when it is updated. All actions in the game are open for use by the guild’s leadership and webmasters to grow the guild’s lore.
- Ishura has a guild-wide RP and lore, and while spin-off stories are highly encouraged, the main focus should be on the guild's progress as a Noble House. The present status is as follows: Ishura is a Noble House of Sentinel that has been driven from its lands east of Bergama due to internal strife and betrayal. The House resides in the "Red Keep" in Stros M'Kai as refugees. The main plot is preparing the House for a final assault to take back their lands. More details can be learned in game.